Compiling MOL for YDL

sloopy mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
03 Jun 2004 22:22:21 -0400

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 17:48, Steve Ward wrote:
> Does anyone know of any quick tuorial for newbies on how to compile MOL for
> the latest version on Yellow Dog. The current version of MOL appears to be
> compiled for the kernel but it keeps complaining that I need to re-compile
> before it will run.
>
> thx
> Steve

check to see if you are running YDL 3.0.1 and a 2.4.22-2f (the 'f' is
the important part) kernel... if you are, update to the 2.4.22g kernel
and then update MOL and it will be fine... the was a bug and the kernel
modules for non-smp kernel wasnt included in the package... and due to
the difficulty of fixing it and the release of YDL4 coming soon it will
not be added to the 2.4.22f kernel modules...

sloopy.

recap:
update to 2.4.22-2g kernel:
yum update kernel