MOL with OS X using 2 NICs

Jens Schmalzing mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
01 Mar 2004 20:16:53 +0100

Hi,

Stefan Wrobel writes:

> I know that MOL doesn't *need* a physical NIC, but I'd like to be
> able to use one.  If I don't have a driver loaded for a NIC in Linux
> will OS X recognize it?

No.  You must load a driver in Linux and pass the resulting interface
to Mac OS X through mol.  I honestly don't know which network driver
is best for this.

> Basically, I want Linux to use the one physical NIC and MacOS X to
> use the other one.  That way they each have their own direct net
> connection, no NAT or virtual devices involved.

Your point being?  Personally, if I had two NICs in a PowerPC machine,
I would probably bond them and let Linux and Mac OS X share the
bonding device.

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!