Can startmol run OS 9 on eMac that only boots in OSX

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:15:58 +0100

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 06:46:40PM -0800, John Lannon wrote:

> >> Mac-on-Linux OpenFirmware 0.9.12
> >> --- No bootable disk was found!
> -----------------------------
> >> If this is an oldworld machine, try booting from
> the MacOS
> >> install CD and install MacOS from within MOL.

> cleaning up...
> Terminating threads...
> DONE
>
> Since I can not install 9 on the eMac (only Classic)
> I'm not really sure what startmol means when it says
> "No bootable disk found".  Any ideas what might be
> happening?  Thanks.

You can install MacOS 9 from cd using 'startmol --cdboot'.
It ought to be possible to start MOL from the Classic installation.
However, if Classic and OSX is installed on the same volume,
then Classic won't be blessed properly. I recommend you
install MacOS 9 on a separate partition. If you don't have
a partition to spare, then you can always use a linux side
file image...

/Samuel