devices available in MOL

Adam mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:53:57 -0800

--=-TVxFkb5Yj0S1RD7Xamcc

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 22:08, Jens Schmalzing wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Adam writes:
>
> > I have been trying to get the DVD player and Firewire available in
> > MOL... Has any else been so lucky to get them to work?
>
> The DVD player can be used through the block device driver, although I
> don't know whether playback speed is acceptable.  And I've
> successfully used some Firewire devices (disks and CD writers) through
> the SCSI driver; make sure they show up in /proc/scsi/scsi and enable
> SCSI support in mol.

I take it that using the iSight in MOL will not show up as a firewire
device and can be used in iChat since all FW devices are mounted using
the SCSI chain?

-Adam

--=-TVxFkb5Yj0S1RD7Xamcc

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 22:08, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE><FONT COLOR="#9998ad"><I>Hi,

Adam writes:

&gt; I have been trying to get the DVD player and Firewire available in
&gt; MOL... Has any else been so lucky to get them to work?

The DVD player can be used through the block device driver, although I
don't know whether playback speed is acceptable.  And I've
successfully used some Firewire devices (disks and CD writers) through
the SCSI driver; make sure they show up in /proc/scsi/scsi and enable
SCSI support in mol.</I></FONT></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>
I take it that using the iSight in MOL will not show up as a firewire device and can be used in iChat since all FW devices are mounted using the SCSI chain?<BR>
<BR>
-Adam
</BODY>
</HTML>