Spam and MOL

sloopy mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
17 Mar 2004 13:43:14 -0500

greetings all,

i have been talking to several people in the last couple days about the
spam problem on the MOL-General list, up until about a month ago we have
been getting 1-2 spam a month, right now we have recieved 12 in the last
6 hours alone, most people arnt seeing them because for now dave has set
the mailing list to non-members need moderator approval to post on an
email by email basis, so far only two emails have come in the last 3
days, through me, that werent spam, out of almost 30-35 spam in the same
period... i have talked to troy (vit on irc) about the spam problem and
he is talking to their admin about setting up spamassasin on the mailing
list, so hopefully this 'should' be fixed within a day or two...  also
their have been a large number of bounces for mailing list memebers, so
if you are reading this from the archive (cause you are probly not
recv'ing it) and wondered why your not recv'ing the ML email me and let
me know... ( mol-general-admin@lists.maconlinux.org ) tongiht dave and i
are going to be (hopefully) getting together to discuss the spam
problem. i am hoping samuel will be able to attend, and i have asked
someone from Terra Soft (the ML host). due to lack of a better place to
meet, i have set it for IRC (server: irc.debian.org channel: #MOL ) and
the time is 12mid EST (a.k.a 9PM PST, 05:00 UTC ) and will be open to
all who want to attend... if you have any comments etc either email me
(the above admin email gets sent to me and dave) or post on the list...

sloopy.