Mac on Darwin

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:39:12 +0100

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 08:29:11AM +0100, Morten Dreier wrote:
> I've seen some old postings about a Mac On Darwin port of mol - is
> there any progress on that?

Yes, booting Mac OS 9 works. I also have booted OSX under OS but there
is an engine bug which makes this unstable; the client OS
typically panics. I haven't had time debug this problem yet; I think
I know (more or less) where to look.

ALERT: The OSX port is alpha-level software under development. To get
it running under 10.3 one has to apply a pach by hand etc (there are
some postings about this in mol-devel).

> The old postings said something like "we just have to write a kernel
> extention" - has anyone done this?

Yes.

> Isn't it possible to use the "multiple servers"-concept in the Mach
> kernel to do this?

No, that won't work.

/Samuel