"don't switch to vt" option for startmol?

Thomas Otto mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:47:14 +0100

Hi!

I have MOL set up to run on an a separate vt and when I execute
'startmol -X' it usually takes some time until the Login screen appears
and staring at OS X starting up isn't that interesting anymore.

So it would be nice to be able to tell startmol not to switch to the new
vt, I usually can tell from the CPU usage when OS X is ready to login.
At the moment I have to manually hit ctrl alt f7 to get back (maybe a
forked "chvt 7" might also do the trick) yet still this switching takes
some time.

I also noticed this feature is missing from X, so are virtual terminals
maybe auto activated if more than just text messages appear on them?

     -Thomas