ext2 for OS X

Jens Schmalzing mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
24 Mar 2004 11:13:32 +0100

Hi,

David B=E9langer writes:

> Not really mol related, more an interoperability question.

We'll make this mol related in a minute :)

> Did anyone tried this ext2 support for OS X to access Linux ext2
> partitions?

Yep.  I give it a try once in a while, and always end up de-installing
after the first freeze or kernel panic.  Besides, I don't use ext2 for
my Linux partitions anyway.

> What do you think if I share a home directory (ext2 partition)
> between OS X and my Linuxes?

Bad idea.

If you intend to run Linux and Mac OS X simultaneously, you will only
be able to write to your home directory from one of the two, since mol
refuses write access to partitions that are already mounted writable.
If you want to share data in this scenario, it's much better to use
the virtual network that mol provides.

For sharing data through a partition, FAT32 is still the most reliable
file system.

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!