Print in MOL

Nathanael Hasbrouck mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:02:25 -0500

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 1524, somebody named mv inscribed this message:
 . . .
> 2. so if i have my printer up and running in Linux as USB Device it
> should work also in mol ?`

I don't think so - If I understand this correctly, if you have your printer
up and running under Linux, MOL won't be able to use it because Linux is.

Another option might be to set up the printer under Linux using CUPS and
export the printer over appletalk.  It was the only choice for me, since
my printer (Epson Stylus Photo 700) is serial, not USB, but it should work
for USB as well and would allow simultaneous access from both OS's.  I
don't print much for graphics from MOL, though, so it might not be exactly
what you're looking for.

(Also, please note these lines:
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of mol-general digest..."
It does help... :)

NRH
--
If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is
play. Z is keep your mouth shut. - Albert Einstein