eMac OS 9 install HELP please

Derrik Pates mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 01 May 2004 08:41:11 -0400

Benjamin DeClue III wrote:
> I would like some assistance with how to install OS 9
> on a brand new eMac that comes with ONLY OS 10.3
> installed.
> I have an external Firewire drive that has OS 9
> installed but it does not show up (it did on the
> previous DV Special 400 Mhz iMac I had in both OS 9
> and OS 10.3 restart modes)... how do I get this OS 9
> external Firewire drive to be bootable ? How do I
> install (from a CDrom) OS 9 to the eMac internal HD
> and make IT bootable?

This really doesn't have anything to do with Mac-on-Linux. Please keep
your posts _on topic_ in the future (or at least reasonably close to it).

However, I will tell you that an eMac (and many newer Macs) won't boot
OS 9.x at all. They have newer hardware that OS 9 doesn't know how to
deal with, so you can only run it via Classic on OS X.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net