right and middle mouse buttons swap in MOL/OSX under X11

The Thanh Han mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 28 May 2004 13:38:21 +0700

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 08:05:56AM -0400, Bill Fink wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 2004, The Thanh Han wrote:
>
> > I installed MOL-0.9.68 and could run OSX inside MOL under both X11 and
> > console. It is really impressive.
> >
> > The only minor issue is that when running MOL under X11,  OSX see my
> > middle mouse button as right button and vice versa. This problem doesn't
> > occur when running MOL from console. I searched in the mail archive and
> > found a similar question:
> >
> > > OK, don't ask why it took so long for me to notice, but recently I
> > > discovered that the middle and right buttons on my 3-button mouse
> > > function as a double-click in MOL.  Well, I thought, that's cool!  Then
> > > I also thought... now, wouldn't it be nice if the right button could
> > > command-click?  Or even have it user-definable?  Just wondering....
> >
> > but no answer to this question. Searching google and reading the MOL
> > site and documentation  coming with MOL also didn't help.
> >
> > I would like to ask whether this issue is known, and what I should try
> > to fix it?
>
> Hi Thanh,
>
> Just add the following to your /etc/mol/molrc.input config file:
>
> remap_xkey:      64     58                      # Left Alt/Option
> remap_xkey:     115     55                      # Left Command (Clover)
>
> The numbers 64 and 115 may be different on your particular system.
> You can use xev to check (just run xev, place the cursor in the box,
> press the desired key, and then check the keycode that xev prints on
> the terminal).

Hi Bill,

I apologize that I didn't make myself clear. I would like to have a
solution for the problem that the middle and right button of the mouse
are swapped in MOL/OSX. Is that possible?

Thanks for your consideration,
Thanh