mol errors when starting

eric.bachard at alube eric.bachard at free.fr
Tue Nov 2 01:14:04 MST 2004

Hi,

Adam Done a écrit :
> Has anyone got errors like this when starting?
>
>  #  startmol -X

>    7ffffa20: x11_init + 0x3d4

.Xauthority problem ?

I have the same problem as you. I think the problem seems to come from
gdm (or gdm proxy or something like that).

As a workaround, and just for the record, I have made an strace of
"startmol -a --osx" and the console says it was an X11 problem.

So I have test with a copy of my root .Xauthority called .Xauthority_root

$: xauth

 > list
 > merge .Xauthority_root
 > exit

And now, I can start Mol in a terminal with startmol -a --osx

In fact, I just could...because I now have a very seroious problem with
my Mac OS X partition. I'll explain my problem in an other post.

Regards,
eric bachard

--
eric bachard     <ericb at openoffice.org>
French OpenOffice.org Community contributor (build of french releases