mol taking all the available resources - resource hog

Adam Done mlist at donestudios.com
Thu Nov 11 00:28:41 MST 2004

I am experiencing some sever processor speeds when using some mundane OS
x functions such as cut, copy, and paste, and many others.  What happens
is that when I preform one of these actions, the user and system on my
G4 (Linux side) use up all available resources on my processor and thus
my system grinds to a halt till at one point mol releases the processor
and then I can move the mouse or do any other thing.  My box basically
freezes on me.  At times when mol takes up all the processor, I just get
a large spike of processor being used and then I quickly get normal
operation back.

I have been trying to duplicate the problem but it is intermittent.  I
have top running to see what is happening but I think it is from all of
the mol forks just taking up all the processor.

I am using the latest mol in Debian unstable (0.9.70-11).  It is now
getting to the point that I can't do much in OS x because it hogs all
the resources.

Has anyone else experience anything like this too?

-Adam