installing OS X from within MoL

stuporglue stuporglue at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 14:56:44 MDT 2004

> that's an interesting idea. i've done some googling, and it seems that
> hfstools is more commonly called hfsutils, and is available for gentoo:
> <http://packages.gentoo.org/ebuilds/?hfsutils-3.2.6-r3>. this, however,
> doesn't AFAICS contain a mkfs.hfsplus.

My system is temporarially dead, so I can't check, but it's possible
that mkfs.hfsplus is just a symlink that gentoo does. All the
filesystems on my system have mkfs.(insert your fs of choice here)
files.
I'd try any hfs program to get the partition readable again by the OSX
installer. Since it's dead space now anyways, formatting the partition
shouldn't be a problem regardless of what you use.

Michael