LOM, anyone?

ted bonkenburg ted at inaddrany.com
Sat Oct 16 22:46:33 MDT 2004

It won't work :-(

I've actually played with this a little bit, using the gentoo install
cd.  Using the pseudopath stuff, I managed to get yaboot to come up and
start booting the kernel but it is unable to load the initrd and I
don't get any further.  I do get keyboard in yaboot, which I believe
someone else was having trouble with.  This testing was done outside of
Mom by setting up the config files by hand, and all of the files are
coming from the psuedo file system so it isn't really fair.  The point
of Mom is to make things easy for anyone to use, and of course when the
port of mol to os x gets far enough along I'll update Mom to be able to
create linux vms, etc.

Please keep in mind that for some strange reason I've decided to do a
simple gui first and then start looking into the mol code in more
detail.  So basically, I studied the mol code just enough to get it
working and packaged as a Mac style app.  Btw - I've never actually
used the Linux version of mol, so this makes it a bit harder!  Anyway,
now that I have the user interface and packaging kind of OK, I'm going
to start looking into how it actually works and what needs to be done
to help finish the port.

In summary, I really don't know as much as I should about how mol and
how it works at all.  But I'm a fast learner, so don't worry :-)

I'll leave you with some screenshots of my linux attempt:

http://www.inaddrany.com/mom-lin.pdf
http://www.inaddrany.com/mom-lin2.pdf

ted