mol and macos9 on beige g3: brief hang when mouse clicked

Dan Bullok dan at bullok.com
Wed Oct 20 13:45:44 MDT 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 13:33, Tommy Trussell spake unto us thusly:
> On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 18:57, Dan Bullok wrote:
> > I've installed mol on a 300Mhz beige G3, 320MB RAM, running gentoo
> > linux. I installed macos 9.1 from within mol, and it works, but I'm
> > having a problem. Whenever I click on an icon or a window, the mouse
> > freezes for about a second.
>
> Here's another guess -- That Beige G3 uses an ADB keyboard and mouse
> (like my PowerBook G3 and PowerMac 9600 both do). Do you by any chance
> have a USB board installed on it? If you are using a USB mouse, you
> might try an ADB mouse to see if the symptom is different.

Yes, I do have a USB board installed.  I've tried using a USB mouse and an
ADB mouse, separately and together, with the same luck.  Maybe I'll try
taking out the USB board.  Maybe something funky is going on with it.

Can anyone tell me how to find out what mol is doing when the screen
freezes.  I've compiled it with debugging enabled, but I'm a bit stuck.  Is
it possible to watch what's going on without stepping forever?  For
example, where would I set a breakpoint to stop mol on a mouse click?

-Dan