Can imported DHCP IP addy be causing my mol problems?

Andreas Schwab mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 05 Sep 2004 18:37:33 +0200

Roger Scow <rscow@mac.com> writes:

> mol starts up and runs a full console window, with the tux/apple logo
> and the OSX startup wheelie thingy.  Then that's it.  I think I have
> molrc.osx configured properly.  But, console log shows this:
>
> Autoswitching to console
> DHCP nameserver exported: 66.196.0.1
> Ethernet Interface 'tun-<tun1>' @ 00:00:0D:EA:DB:EE
> MOL SCSI controller registered
>
> At home, I'm on a DHCP select non static IP address setup with an
> AirPort card.  Using iBook 800 and OSX 10.3.5 and YDL 3.0.1.
>
> The IP addy above is from the static address at work.  How do I modify
> this?  Maybe this is the conflict that keeps me from getting mol to run
> properly.

The nameserver setting is read from /etc/resolv.conf.  You should make
sure that your DHCP client modifies this file accordingly.

Andreas.

SuSE Linux AG, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany