running MOL in OS X

minuo mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 06:55:49 -0600

--Apple-Mail-1-981632444

In the mol-devel list there is some help from Samuel (quoted below).
 From what I understand, it is possible now to boot 9.1 but not yet a
OSX.  The kext also needs to be loaded manually with a 'make insert' in
src/kmod/Darwin.

--minuo

As posted:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 09:35:40AM -0500, Sam Bayer wrote:
> You are probably not building from the correct BK tree.
>
> The OSX stuff is in
>
> 	bk://mol@mol.bkbits.net/devel
>
> Note: There is a small one-line 10.3 fix I haven't pushed yet
> (I want to fix this differently). You have to apply the patch
> below (the patch below is hand crafted so you will have
> to apply it manually...)

<bad patch cut>
> /Samuel

and the updated patch:

<excerpt>On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 09:35:40AM -0500, Sam Bayer wrote:

You are probably not building from the correct BK tree.

The OSX stuff is in

	bk://mol@mol.bkbits.net/devel

Note: There is a small one-line 10.3 fix I haven't pushed yet

(I want to fix this differently). You have to apply the patch

below (the patch below is hand crafted so you will have

to apply it manually...)

</excerpt><<bad patch cut>

<excerpt>/Samuel

</excerpt>

and the updated patch:

</color>Oh my... the fix shuld of course be

--- mol-old/src/kmod/Darwin/alloc.c

+++ mol-new/src/kmod/Darwin/alloc.c

	if( !phys ) {

		printk("tophys_mol: VA %08lX translates to 0!\n", (ulong)p );

	}

+	phys = phys <<<< 12;

	phys += phys ? (ulong)(p-trunc_page(p)) : 0;

	return phys;

/Samuel

</excerpt>

<excerpt>Hi all,