No sound on Ubuntu / TiBook

calum.lists at iol.ie calum.lists at iol.ie
Thu Apr 14 08:06:11 MDT 2005

I've got MOL up and running on Ubuntu on my Powerbook G4, as per the
instructions at http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/MacOnLinuxHowto, and I've
got everything working well-- except sound.  I've installed the MOL Audio
driver on the OSX  side, and it shows up as such in the OSX Sound control
panel.  But when I try to adjust the volume, I just get a message on my
Linux console saying "audiodevice unavailable".  My other Linux
applications are making plenty of noise, though, and even simultaneously,
so there's nothing fundamentally wrong on the Linux end with my sound
drivers or mixer as far I can tell.

Previously I was running MOL on Mandrake 10.2 on the same machine, and it
all just worked, with the same (default) molrc.sound file.  I've tried
changing sound.driver from "any" to alsa and oss to see if it makes any
difference, but it doesn't.

Any ideas?

Cheeri,
Calum.