Molvconfig does not exist and unknown symbol error

Michael User mpfritz77 at mac.com
Tue Dec 27 01:36:52 MST 2005

Hello all.  Brand new to mol and also to Linux for that matter.  I recently
installed Gentoo (2.6.14-gentoo-r2) and am using WindowMaker on my iBook G4
and all works great.  I have Mac OS X (10.4) working on a separate partition
with no issues.  I decided to try my hand at the workaround for Airport
Extreme so first, of course, attempted to install mol and get that up and
running.  Instructions were simple enough, I emerge'd mol and all seemed to
install well.  It installed version 0.9.70-r1.  Unfortunately upon my
attempt to run molvconfig received following error:

-bash: molvconfig: command not found

So I did a search for it and all I found was the man page for molvconfig.
Most of which was incomplete.  So I went into molrc.video and disabled
console video.  I first tried running startmol --loadonly and received the
following error:

Mac-on-Linux 0.97.0-gentoo -gentoo [Dec 25 2005 12:39]
Copyright © 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh
Starting MOL session 0
    /usr/lib/mol/0.9.70/modules/2.6.14-gentoo-r2/mol.ko
insmod: error inserting
'/usr/lib/mol/0.9.70/modules/2.6.14-gentoo-r2/mol.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in
module
  Failed to load the module - try recompiling the MOL kernel module.
Instructions (and information about common problems) are available at
<http://www.maconlinux.org/.
most times forums are a god-send) so if there is any additional info anyone
needs let me know and I'll include it.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike Fritz
--
"I'm eating scrapple...It's got scallions."  -- Trapped in Paradise