MOL doesnt work at all

Peter Baran pbaran at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 11:58:17 MST 2005

Im running YDL 3.0.1 and want to use MOL. I ran molvconfig as
instructed, then tried startmol. It says 'Starting session 0' then
gives me the following error:

No mol-0.9.69 kernel modules corresponding to the running 2.4.22-2f kernel
were found ('startmol --list displays installed version). Recompile the mol
kernel modules (recommended) or try starting MOL as root using the '-a'
switch.

-a gives a similar error

--list shows "Available modules: 2.4.22.2fsmp-smp in /usr/lib/mol/0.9.69"

apt-get says no updates available. This was all stock YDL installation
so I would expect it to run out of the box...

Please help?