Mac-on-Linux?

Joshua Wehner josh.wehner at ultratec.com
Mon Feb 21 15:26:37 MST 2005

Hi --

I've freshly installed YDL 4.0 with Everything. I've run the MOL video
mode probe. When I try to run MOL, I get a blank black screen. (At
first, I was getting the leftovers from the video probe.)

I was originally asking about this on the YDL mailing list, but it
seems it may be more of a MOL issue. I'm a total YDL/MOL newbie, but
I've some Linux experience. I'm trying the whole "extend the life of my
ailing hardware with Linux" thing. I've got this old Mac and I'd like
to get YDL, Photoshop, etc. up and working. I'm not sure where I'm
going wrong.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-- joshua