Mac-on-Linux?

Joshua Wehner josh.wehner at ultratec.com
Fri Feb 25 13:13:27 MST 2005

I will try this, but I have a couple of questions as I reboot:

On Feb 25, 2005, at 1:05 PM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> If you installed MacOS directly from the Mac OS Install CD, and not
> via MOL,
> this ROM file would not be there as explained before. So you get a
> virtual
> New World machine unable to boot the Mac OS that is loaded into it.

1) Should I not, then, be able to boot from CD with --cdboot and
install the OS via MOL? I have tried to do this, but I doesn't work any
better.

2) I'm not entirely sure that I have an "old world" Mac. How does one
determine this?  According to this page:
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1167.html the New World ROM
began with iMac. I have a Blue & White G3, which, I believe (but maybe
no?) came out after the original iMac.

Thanks! (I'll find out soon if this works...)

-- Joshua