MOL reports "File is too large. Failed to load mkext!" with MacOSX 10.3.7

Matthew Denner matt.denner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 06:53:09 MDT 2005

On 7/5/05, Matthew Denner <matt.denner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, maybe I can dd the entire OSX install CD as a file, edit the
> 'requires' and retry installing that ...

Yep, that worked!  I copied the install DVD using dd, then editted the
various files that had references to the PowerBook5,X by removing the
entire element from the root of the XML.  Booted MOL with that file
images as my CD ... hey presto, MacOSX install!

I had to have -boot on the file partition I wanted to install to,
otherwise the installer complained about not being able to install
because you couldn't boot that disk, but other than that everything
when swimmingly!

Brilliant, and it boots!

Thanks so much for your help.

Matt