updates to hfsplus partition unavailable until remount

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 15:47:04 MDT 2005

I am running Ubuntu Hoary PPC on a Powerbook. (Ubuntu standard kernel
2.6.10-7) I am also running MOL (0.9.70-16ubuntu1). Under MOL I'm
running Mac OS 9.2.2.

I mount the hfsplus volumes used by MOL (Mac-On-Linux) read-only in
linux so I can conveniently copy things from Mac to linux. When I make
a change in MOL, however, the changed file will not appear on the
linux side until I umount and mount the hfsplus volume, and even then
it only reliably happens when MOL is not running.

Is there any way to refresh the view of an hfsplus partition from the
linux side, especially without exiting MOL?