pciproxy code

Dan Potter bard at allusion.net
Tue Jul 19 19:41:55 MDT 2005

On Jul 19, 2005, at 2:50 PM, Mattias Nissler wrote:

> (the original intention was to get the AirPort Extreme cards
> running since there is no Linux driver; I only tested that device
> yet).

This may be a very naive comment on my part :) but wouldn't it be
simpler and more powerful to write something like for the Win32
wireless drivers in x86 Linux? e.g. thunk the necessary pieces to
load a Darwin kernel module for Airport Extreme directly into a Linux
kernel (or a userspace driver that passes packets over tun/tap). Then
there's no need to run a copy of OSX or anything.

The PCI proxying looks like a great hack though :)