Tiger and MOL

calum.lists at iol.ie calum.lists at iol.ie
Thu Jul 21 04:29:08 MDT 2005

Mattias Nissler wrote on  Tue Jul 19 15:50:26 MDT 2005:

> now here is where you can get the patch enabling MOL to run Tiger from:
> http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/mol/index.html
> Please note that I only implemented a handler for the stmw assembly
> instruction when used for writing the page table. This was the
> problem that made MOL fail to run Tiger. However, I haven't checked
> the rest of MOLs infrastructure. This means that Tiger might still
> cause imcompatibilities, missing acceleration (it seems there is some
> accel stuff missing) and so on.

Awesome... after a bit of tweaking, I have MOL/Tiger running on Ubuntu
Breezy on  my Powerbook G4, compiled from the Ubuntu sources :)  (Although
I do have to load the mol kernel module myself with insmod rather than
modprobe, for some reason... haven't worked that one out yet.)

Anyone know the prospects of getting the OSX-side drivers to work with
Tiger anytime soon, so I can have networking again?  Since they're kernel
extensions I assume they need to change a bit for 10.4.  (They still
install just fine, but when I try to start MOL afterwards, I just get a
"bootloader: out of memory" error.)

Cheeri,
Calum.