sheep.o module is missing

Brian Wood beww at bresnan.net
Wed Jul 27 16:18:11 MDT 2005

Yep, it is a long story with me.

To try and make it short (er), I finally wound up getting the source via
rsync from maconlinux.org, applying three (I think) patches and at last
getting it to compile without errors, the sheep module gets built as
part of the compile. The  YDL source RPM for MOL says, for some arcane
reason, that the sheep module has been removed because it gets built
"dynamically", whatever the heck that means. There is also a possible
issue with recent versions of libpng causing trouble.

At present my sheep module builds and loads, but I am still having
trouble as MOL will not boot from my HDD, and when I boot it from a
bootable MAC CD it *does* boot, but the process takes the better part of
an hour :-(

I'm not sure what the policy is on this list about posting patches, and
right now they are on another machine, but as soon as I can I will send
you the patches privately along with the steps I took to get it to
compile. Please pardon me if it takes me a day or so to get that
together but I just put this (intel) machine back together and I need to
do some things to get it back to where it was this morning.

Perhaps between us we can get things working.