MOL killed my OS X 10.3.9 User account!!

Michael Grossman ceratophyllum at yahoo.com
Sun May 29 14:33:49 MDT 2005

I started using MOL to boot OS X and it worked fine for a while then suddenly
started getting kernel panics on login!  I got the error  "You cannot continue
logging in at this time." but was able to log in anyway. (In both MOL sessions
and natively running OS X)  When I try to log in as a different user,
everything works fine in OS X but MOL now gives me this before even starting OS
X:

>> MacOS X Boot Loader 0.9.70
>> Candidate boot volume: /mol-blk at 0/disk at 0:0
>> /mol-blk at 0/disk at 0:0,\mach_kernel (3872560 bytes)
>> Old mkext timestamp (or safe-boot)
>> --> Boot loader failure: Out of memory
cleaning up...
Terminating threads...
DONE

I tried deleting preferences for my old OS X user account, repairing
permissions, and setting a new password, but nothing helps--I get to the login
screen, type my password, and Kernel panic is the result.  I tried logginf into
>console, but as soon as I type in my passwords and press enter I get a kernel
panic just like in the GUI login.  What did MOL do to my user account?

I have a 12" iBook G4 1.2GHz 768MB RAM and MOL will not boot from the install
DVD-ROMs.

Is there any way I can save my old user account?  Starting fresh will be a huge
pain--reregistering shareware, moving files around, and worrying that my new
account might get mysteriously corrupted....