Cant install OS X 10.4

Hsuan-i Bi ericpi at skysoft.com.tw
Tue Oct 4 01:42:31 MDT 2005

morgoth6 at box43.pl wrote:

>Hell[o],
>
>Today I give a try to the MacOS 10.4 and I was hit by a realy funny problem.
>I have dedicated 8GB partition for MOL and there is two partitions on it 7GB
>and 1GB. Previously I use 10.3 without any problems, but it seems I can't
>install 10.4 here anymore.
>
>The installer shows such error message when I try to select my 7GB partition
>to install OSX
>
>--------
>You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume
>
>This destination is not within the first 8GB of the hard disk
>--------
>
>This is quite funny because this partition has only 7GB :/ I use MOL 0.9.71_pre1-r3
>from Gentoo portage with the tiger patch and pci proxy.
>
>I wonder is there any solution for my problem ?
>
>Regards

I got some problem, and I change my partition size < 8GB, that's still
not work.

My environment:
1.25G Mac mini
Gentoo Linux
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.12-r10
app-emulation/mol-0.9.71_pre1-r3
(mol-0.9.71_pre1-r3 ebuild included module-fix, nopriority, linux-2.6.9,
big-filesystem, tmp-offset, tiger, pciproxy, verify_area, uname patches/fix)
mol USE flag: +X +alsa -debug +dga +fbcon +oldworld +oss +pci +sheep
+usb +vnc

There is no error messages in mol.log, and it's work fine with OS X
10.3.9. Any ideas for this situation? Thanks a lot.

--
With Regards,
Hsuan-i Bi