Tiger not installing on mol 0.9.7.

Mattias Nissler mattias.nissler at gmx.de
Wed Sep 21 12:15:23 MDT 2005

On 22.09.2005, at 08:09, Luke Yelavich wrote:

> Hi all
> I am attempting to install tiger onto a partition using mol 0.9.7 on
> Debian unstable. I have attached my mol output, as well as my
> molrc.osx
> configuration file. I have tried the following:
>
> * Patched the source with the largefile support, and tiger patch from
> the archives.
> * Replaced the bootx file with the newer version, again mentioned
> in the
> archives.
>
> I am attempting this on a B&W G3 300Mhz, with 640MB RAM. The debug
> messages at the end of the log file have been drastically
> truncated, as
> they keep on being spat whenever I try to boot from the tiger DVD. I
> also only see the colourful apple-like logo, nd nothing else in nthe
> newly created VT for the display.
>
> Suggestions welcome.

Well, the error message in the log is exactly the same as the one I
got before I made the Tiger patch. Are you sure you definitely run a
MOL binary *and* kernel module with the patch applied? Maybe you
forgot to unload the old kernel module?

But if you are actually running the patched MOL, this might be an
issue with the G3. Anyone out there running Tiger on MOL on G3?

Mattias