MOL development

Mattias Nissler mattias.nissler at gmx.de
Sun Sep 25 05:49:45 MDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether there is any active development going on with
MOL. Sadly, my current impression is that there is nobody working. I
suggest everyone that reads this post and *does* development drops a
short answer stating what he is doing. The question is whether MOL is
actually going to improve and get better or be dead, right?

Here are some things I remember that would be appreciated to have in
MOL, if someone is interested and wants to pick one up:

- G5 support (Samuel said he was working to get that done. Anyone to
know his progress?)
- A filesystem bridge that enables you to access the host filesystem
from within the guest OS
- Graphics acceleration (i.e. OpenGL forwarding from the guest to the
host. This was discussed earlier and seems to be quite tricky if not
impossible ;-))

[more to be added by you]

I would love to do some things, but I don't have much spare time to
do MOL development. Neither do I have access to G5 hardware, I only
have a single Powerbook G4.

Please answer. Really. :-)

Mattias