Window v full screen

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 15:41:09 MST 2006

On 12/9/06, Calum Benson <calum.lists at iol.ie> wrote:

> My Powerbook's hard disk crashed last week... restored fine from
> backup, but now, for some reason, MOL will only run full-screen,
> whereas before it started up in a window (which I prefer).  Any
> ideas?  Have attached my molrc.video file.

I noticed in your file that you overrode the default startup settings:

> #resolution:          640/480/75      # width/height/Hz
> resolution:           1280/854/0      # width/height/Hz
> depth:                        32

I believe your Xwindows may have to actually support a window of the
specified size and depth. So after you restored, even if you're using
exactly the same settings for MOL you may have accidentally changed
the depth or resolution of your Xwindows screen.

As it says in the comments the startup resolution could be considered
a "hint." Once the OS is running in MOL it can set the screen size to
whatever you please.

SO what I have on mine is just the default of 640/480/75, and in Mac
OS (9) I have the screen size adjusted to something more reasonable
(and compatible with my X settings). The Penguin icon and initial Mac
OS boot screen appear in a small 640x480 window, then it refreshes to
the size I've set.

Give that a try. If it still doesn't work you might try the mol video
config procedure as it spells out in the mol documentation. Let the
list know the result!