PCIProxy & Firewire

Mattias Nissler mattias.nissler at gmx.de
Fri Feb 3 16:48:51 MST 2006

Hi,

please note that the pciproxy code has some restrictions. Most notable,
it won't allow the pci device to do DMA transfers, because there is
currently no way to direct them to the proper memory location (I can
explain that in epic detail if someone wants to know). Therefore the
driver inside OS X will have to use PIO to do memory transfers. I guess
the Firewire driver will be using DMA by default, I don't know if it can
be forced to PIO. Actually somebody will have to try :-) For the Airport
driver we actually hacked the binary to work in PIO mode...

Mattias