automatic startup hardware detection in MacOS when booted from mol

Y-Lan Boureau blauenote at yahoo.fr
Sat Feb 11 13:11:06 MST 2006

It works !!!  So MOL can indeed help you boot mac OS when any other method or direct booting fails :-))

  Well, I did not make it (yet) to install mac OS on my hard disk, but a  bootable "software installation CD" from Apple that always got stuck  because of Firewire when I tried booting it does in fact boot in  MOL  :-)
  thus I could reformat the last partition I had created on my hard disk to HFS+.

  Unfortunately, when I try installing mac OS9 from the 3 "software  installation CDs" through MOL, I get a "fatal error" message (inside  the Mac environment, after the smiling-mac screen) ; and if I try  booting those CDs directly (I reinstalled mac OS 9.1 successfully this  way, before installing gentoo), they just do not see the hfs+ partition  I created, and so I cannot install mac OS.

  I think it might be related to that partition being after all my Linux partitions
 (bootstrap, swap and root), so I'll try moving everything to have the HFS+ coming first.

  but the good news is, when Mac OS won't make it to boot by itself, MOL can still boot it :-)

  Y-Lan

Risto Suominen <risto.suominen at gmail.com> a écrit :  As far as I know, MOL emulates only a subset of the devices, and
firewire is not among them. At least, if the driver is not installed
in Linux.

And you could install Mac OS onto a virtual disk, a big file created with dd.

Risto