Can't boot OS 9 at all with 0.9.71pre6, can you?

Rob Frohne frohro at wwc.edu
Mon Jan 2 22:10:17 MST 2006

Hi All,

I can't seem to boot OS 9 at all with 0.9.71pre6, from CD or hard
drive.  Has anyone else had any success with this?

Here is what I get when I try:

frohro at frohne:~$ startmol
Mac-on-Linux 0.9.71-pre5 [Jan 2 2006 20:35]
Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh
Starting MOL session 0
Running in PowerPC 7400 mode, 256 MB RAM
Timebase: 16.67 MHz, Bus: 66.68 MHz, Clock: 495 MHz
Using USB mouse on /dev/input/mice
OHCI USB controller registered
Fullscreen video on VT 8.
Could not open '/var/local/mol/console.kbd'
Cache enabled for console-video
Video driver(s): [console_video]

    1024* 768, depth 8,15,32   { 60.0 } Hz

Autoswitching to console

I did compile with debug support enabled, but when I try to run with it
I get:

frohro at frohne:~$ sudo startmol --debug
Password:
*** The mac-on-linux debugger appears to be missing.
*** Perhaps MOL was compiled without debugger support?
frohro at frohne:~$

I see a few others on the Yellow Dog Linux mailing list with some
similar problems.  The sheep driver works for me just fine in OS X.
(Interesting to note that the sheep driver was NOT recommended for OS X
on the maconlinux.org site.)  I wonder if some of the patches broke OS 9
support, perhaps the sheep ones, perhaps some others.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

--