MolEnet Powering Off

Florian Friesdorf flow at mytum.de
Wed Jan 11 00:25:40 MST 2006

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 16:40, Florian Friesdorf wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> does anybody know, why the molenet is powering off the virtual
> network link and how this can be influenced?
>
> I am using mol version 0.9.71_pre6 under gentoo.

The problem occured, when starting mol from the console (non-X11) and
while being in X11.

I now started mol from a X terminal (being surprised to see it being
displayed in X11 as well as on tty12 :) with the following results:
MOL window visible in X11:
	MolEnet did not power down for a whole night

MOL window minimized:
	MolEnet did not power down after 30min. Test stopped

Actually MOL resolution was on 800x600 during the test and therefore not
displayed on tty12, however, I doubt that this influences the result.

As the power downs of MolEnet, I experienced when starting mol from
console, occured after something like 5 or 10 and at most 15 minutes, I
think, that starting mol from X11 is the solution.

Test performed by pinging once per minute.

florian