No bootable disk found

Neale Pickett neale at lanl.gov
Thu Jul 20 08:41:35 MDT 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 2:44 am, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Bill Fink <billfink at mindspring.com> writes:
> > Hi Neale,
> >
> > On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Neale Pickett wrote:
> >> My molrc just has:
> >>     blkdev:             /dev/hda        -rw -boot
> >
> > I guess you should change that to /dev/hda6 above.
>
> Or use -whole.

I guess I should have mentioned that I tried those, as well as every other
combination I could think of.  I always get "no bootable disk found".
Attached is the result of those two, specifically.  Perhaps the problem is
that it doesn't know what to do with the HFSX partition?

    blkdev:             /dev/hda        -rw -boot -whole
-----------------------
    <No SCSI Devices>

    CD   /dev/cdrom       CD-ROM         <read-only>   ------
    Disk /dev/hda                        <rw> 76319 MB BOOT

>> MacOS X Boot Loader 0.9.70 [96MB memory map patch]
>> Ext2InitPartition: ih=3
>> SyncRead: error
>> SyncRead: error
>> --> Boot loader failure: No bootable disk found

    blkdev:             /dev/hda6       -rw -boot
-------------------------
    <No SCSI Devices>

    CD   /dev/cdrom       CD-ROM         <read-only>   ------
----> /dev/hda6 is not a HFS disk (use -force to override)

>> MacOS X Boot Loader 0.9.70 [96MB memory map patch]
>> SyncRead: error
>> SyncRead: error
>> --> Boot loader failure: No bootable disk found

    blkdev:             /dev/hda6       -rw -boot -force
    <No SCSI Devices>

    CD   /dev/cdrom       CD-ROM         <read-only>   ------
    Disk /dev/hda6                       <rw> 16109 MB BOOT