[Spam?] Re: MOL running Mac

Steven Mezzadri smezzadr at livonia.k12.mi.us
Tue May 23 09:59:28 MDT 2006

I just wiped my machine and installed YellowDog 4.0 which Henry Leinhos has
had luck with.  I am going to try his suggestions as well as yours, and with
any luck it will work with some combination.

I have started with the base YellowDog MOL 0.9.71.pre1 which is known not to
work with OS 9, and I deleted the /var/lib/mol/nvram* and it recreated it on
the next run, but still the white screen.

So, I uninstalled YDL's mol pacakges, rebooted to get the kernel module out
of memory, and proceeded to compile the 0.9.71.pre8 from the package you
gave me.  As usual it compiled without any problems.

Still, when I tried "startmol" and "startmol --cdboot" with the new version,
both brought up the white screen with nothing in it. (same symptom as the
broken YDL package).  (startmol -X still appears to work, but I'm not
running X).

Something of note, with your pre8 release, it did not create any
/var/lib/mol/nvram* files.

So, I guess what would you recommend I try next?

Newer kernels - http://ppckernel.org/
Patches - ?
Manually copy /var/lib/mol/nvram* files from YDL's version?
Other - ?

~Steve~