Mol on Edgy (was: mol-0.9.71 is available)

Anders Gudmundsson anders.gudmundsson at telia.com
Tue Oct 24 06:34:35 MDT 2006

> Sadly all a bit academic until the unresolved symbol problem is
fixed
> though :/

Hi Calum!
I had to change a few things to get it to build on Edgy..

Add complete path to compiler.h in  src/drivers/usbdev.c:
#include "/usr/src/linux/include/linux/compiler.h"

Add -fno-stack-protector to CFLAGS in src/molelf/Makefile
CFLAGS  += -static -fno-stack-protector

Also I had to run "sudo make" for some reason.

Just enable sheep in networking config.

Fast and gory install..
Uninstall any mol stuff from the official repos.
Run "sudo checkinstall" to build and install mol and the
kernel-modules.

(suppose you can grab an old debian folder from the official package and
make a proper .deb)

\Anders

BtW. I have some refresh issues during mol startup, no penguin and no
boot progress bar.
Once booted it comes alive and works though... (AIGLX issue?)