Today svn and OS 9

didier . did447 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 14:59:47 MST 2007

Hi,

On 1/29/07, Joseph Jezak <josejx at gentoo.org> wrote:
> didier . wrote:
>
> > system
> > G4
>
> What kind of G4?  iBook?  PowerBook?  PegaosII?
PowerMac

> > 2) Same config/ Mac OS partition on Feisty with debian  mol-0.9.71 (+
> > patches for compilation issues). OSX ok, OS 9 loops very early, after
> > network msgs (from svn log may be fixed).
>
> Yes, OS9 is broken in many 0.9.71 releases, it's fixed in MOL SVN.
>
> > 3) Today SVN
> > OSX no MOL splash screen (white screen), no OSX startup screen, but
> > once a session auto starts screen is ok.
>
> I can't reproduce this, what console driver (nvidiafb?, radeonfb?,
> offb?).
It works with the frame buffer it's the X driver. With 0.9.71 vbl
refresh timer starts a  lot earlier (before the bootloader).

One thing: is osi_usleep used? the move from uspleed to nanosleep
doesn't  * 1000.

> > OS9  no MOL splash screen, screen goes black (for me vs 0.9.70 it's a
> > lot slower)  and loops after boot loader msg.
> >
> > Does  it ring a bell for someone?
>
> Not really, what do mean by "loops after boot loader msg"?  What
> exactly is happening?
Well I have:

Boot sequence when working (with 0.9.70):
MOL splash screen
black screen for half a second
grey screen with Mac icon
OS 9

With SVN
White screen
black screen but after a lot of time
stay there.

startmol output:

ALSA sound driver (device 'default')
ALSA: failed to setup mixer

    HFS+  /dev/hda11       Archives       <rw> 18050 MB BOOT

SCSI devices:

    <No SCSI Devices>