[powerstation-owners] SLOF source code available

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Fri Dec 5 09:22:48 MST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 04:32:53PM -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
> > If the firmware hangs during the initialization of the graphics card it
> > helps if the card is removed and then the previous version of the
> > firmware can be recovered.
> >
> > Of course it still can break in so many ways, but I have always been
> > able to recover using the permanent side as a backup.
>
> Right, thanks.
>
> Got it built and booted.
>
> The way to prevent the hang seems to be to pull out the video card.  I
> suspect there's some build problem with the x86 emulator used to run the
> card's bios.

I tried to build it today with gcc 4.3.2 and I can confirm that it hangs
in the BIOS emulator. It seems to be a timing problem, because putting
some printfs at the right location makes it work again. I will try to
find the correct solution for that hang and will the update the git
repository. I will let you know.

		Adrian