[powerstation-owners] Problem with PCIe Expansion Card

Stefan Nürnberger nuernbe at TU-Cottbus.DE
Sat Nov 1 05:53:28 MDT 2008

Yesterday I installed a PCIe x1 expansion card (USB 2.0 and FireWire)
into my powerstation. Unfortunately it won't boot with this setup.
Instead I'm dropped to Open Firmware (with my serial terminal at the
debug port). It says "Alignment Error" and prints the register values.
This happens while probing the PCI ports. The display is not yet
detected at this point. I tried with both PCIe x4 slots. If I uninstall
the card the system will boot fine again. Firmware version is 1.7.0-3.

Any ideas on how to get around this problem? Any OF commands, that come
to mind? Unfortunately, I don't have any other PCIe cards for testing.
The card is new and should be working.

Thanks,
Stefan