[powerstation-owners] troubleshooting non-booting powerstation

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Wed Nov 19 15:08:51 MST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 05:04:29PM -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > I think there is only on default input property in the device tree,
> > and thats what it uses... if it detects a keyboard it _assumes_ thats
> > what you want to use (probably the default for most users)... except
> > if you do enter something on the serial, then it assumes you want to
> > use serial.
>
> Got it. Meh. Whatever. Will mostly be ssh'ing in once I have it actually
> set up anyway. :)
>
> Remaining things I need to figure out:
>
> 1) how to set auto-boot to true

the nvsetenv command you wrote about does not help?
You can do "setenv auto-boot? true" on the firmware prompt.
With "printenv" you can verify if it is set and if it is also set after
a reboot.

> 2) how to configure a RAID array

That is tricky. The only way I have done that is to boot a ramdisk with
the necessary IPR utils and then I was able to create it. After you have
created it you need to reinstall again. The Linux tool is the only way
to create the RAID array.

		Adrian