[powerstation-owners] USB 2.0

Pattrick Hueper phueper at hueper.net
Tue Nov 25 05:09:10 MST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>> So why would a USB controller be any different from any other type of
>> PCI device?  Should we start plugging in all PCI devices that we own to
>> see what works and doesn't?
>
> I don't think it does.  I think it has to do with the slots.  So yeah,
> that might be helpful to a degree.

I think that before testing you should wait until the new version is
available, or get the experimental version, when Adrian and i found
this bug, we saw  the use of some hardcoded values in the code, which
are only ok, if no devices are plugged into the x8 slots.
Why it works with some devices i dont know, but it does make sense to
wait for the next version with the bug (hopefully) fixed.

Regards, Pattrick