[powerstation-owners] power cycle a powerstation

Alexander Graf agraf at suse.de
Thu Apr 30 00:26:45 MDT 2009

On 30.04.2009, at 06:20, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 02:18 +0200, Alexander Graf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to remote power cycle a Powerstation, but fail on getting
>> it up without manual intervention.
>>
>> Is there any way to tell the BMC to always power the machine up when
>> it gets power?
>> Can I somehow power it up remotely using the debug interface (esc-(-
>> p-1 didn't work))?
>
> The ESC sequence should always work...  I never had a problem with
> that,
> you should also be able to send WOL packets, unless you have a too old
> BMC firmware.

Hm - I can try WOL as soon as I find anyone to switch the machine on
remotely, so I can find out its mac address :-).

The ESC sequence seriously doesn't work though - is my BMC firmware
too old for that too?
How do I update the firmware?

On reset I get these messages on the serial port:

BMC reset --

OB Build Timestamp = 1207320877

PPC970InitDrv: Get_NV_Data: There are 4 CPU cores.
   VccOffset = 50 mV
PPC970InitDrv: Freq2Idx[ ] does not support specified frequency of
2520 MHz.                 : Hardcoding to 2500 MHz

Serial console jumper is set to display SLOF output.

Thanks,

Alex