[powerstation-owners] SAS Controller Specifications

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Tue Mar 17 07:06:02 MDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 08:31:17AM -0400, Daniel Kruszyna wrote:
> What are the specifications for the SAS controller in the Powerstation?
> The website says "SAS RAID Controller". My dmesg indicates that the
> hardware is an "IBM 572C Storage Adapter". Now, I can't find much
> information on this controller, but it looks like it is only capable
> of RAID0. Is this statement correct, or is it capable of higher RAID
> levels as well?

I am pretty sure I was doing a RAID1 (I never had access to more discs)
at one point in time with the SAS controller on the PowerStation. If
I remember it correctly it is from Adaptec and has been called Obisidan.

To configure the different RAID levels you have to use iprconfig from
the iprutils package.

		Adrian