[powerstation-owners] Eclipse 3.5.1RC1 is a reality dream on PowerStation with YDL6.2

Robert Hagan roberthagan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 05:42:40 MDT 2009

Good news for those of you like me who are very new to this subject
area.  Eclipse version 3.5.1RC works like a charm on a PowerStation
under YDL6.2.

I created a new directory for Eclipse and copied the zip files to it
(eclipse-SDK-3.5.1RC1-linux-gtk-ppc.tar.gz and CDT 6.0) from
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/galileo.  It seems that
you can also install CDT 6.0 directly from Eclipse once working.

Although perhaps not critical to make it work, I installed
PowerPCSwitches
(com.ibm.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ppc.ui_3.1.1.200701231700.jar) in the
Eclipse PlugIns directory and added the two files from
com.ibm.icu.base-3.5.1RC1.zip to the eclipse/plugins directory.

Perhaps most importantly, you must either tell Eclipe to use a newer
java (from IBM) or include the option in the eclipse.ini start up
file.  Version 5 works some but 6 is seems much better.
i.e.

./eclipse -vm /opt/ibm/java-ppc-60/jre/bin/java

I find that I have much more fun with this new version of eclipse and
think you will as well.

Now if anyone knows where to find a script or plugin to configure the
Eclipse debugger options to use XLC++ I could have even more fun.
Robert.

--
Robert Hagan