[powerstation-owners] latest SLOF (and BMC) where ?

Pat Wall pjwall at mac.com
Thu Jan 27 08:19:11 JST 2011

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 00:43:07 +0100
acrux <acrux_it at libero.it> wrote:

Hi

> hi all,
> what is the latest SLOF and/or BMC available for Powerstation
> (Bimini) ? Are there instructions and download url available ?
>
> thanks,

The latest BMC update is available here
http://www.ydl.net/support/solutions/ydl_6.x/PS_BMC_Flash.tgz

with instructions here
http://www.ydl.net/support/solutions/ydl_6.x/powerstation_bmc_update.shtml.

The last SLOF update from Fixstars is JX-1.7.0-6-powerstation.bin. The
instructions and file have disappeared from the Fixstars website :-/

The instructions below are the ones I used for
JX-1.7.0-6-powerstation.bin and I'm checking to see if I still have
a copy of the file.

YDL PowerStation

Updating Firmware – PowerStation
This guide provides instructions for updating firmware on the
PowerStation from the command line. The procedure requires that you
first flash the temporary side and then commit the image to the
permanent side. Note that all commands must be run as user root.

    Download the latest version of firmware from:

        http://us.fixstars.com/products/powerstation/firmware/

    Boot into temporary. Note that the PowerStation is configured to
    boot into temporary after the power cord is unplugged and plugged back in. Therefore, to ensure the computer is on the temporary side of flash, shut down the computer, pull out the power cord, and, in about 10 seconds, and plug it back in.
    Power on the system. Once the system has has completely booted,
    open a terminal window.
    To flash the temporary side, from a terminal window type:

        update_flash -f {FILENAME} [ENTER]

    Replace {FILENAME} with the filename of the downloaded firmware
    image. The computer will reboot and flash the temporary side.
    Once the system has completely booted, open a terminal window.
    To commit from the temporary side to the permanent side, type:

        update_flash -c [ENTER]

    Note that you can not commit when in permanent. If you encounter an
    error message stating you can not overwrite the Active Firmware
    Image, please contact your Fixstars Solutions account manager.