[yellowdog-announce] Terra Soft Launches Fiber Optic Co-Location Services: Press Release 2003 10/28

Media Relations media@terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 28 17:36:01 2003

TERRA SOFT SOLUTIONS LAUNCHES FIBER OPTIC CO-LOCATION SERVICES

Loveland, Colorado -- 28 October 2003 -- Terra Soft Solutions, Inc., the
leading developer of integrated PowerPC Linux solutions, today launched
co-location services built upon its high-speed fiber-optic backbone, VAR
relationships, and systems integration expertise.

Terra Soft now offers server co-location and remote backup in its Colorado
facility which houses a high-speed fiber optic backbone. Each customer is
granted an isolated, dedicated port for a fast, secure, solid connection with
nearly unlimited data throughput and complete control of the bandwidth
parameters--from 1Mb to 1Gb.

"We have enjoyed the flexibility and incredible stability of our fiber-optic
connection for nearly three years. While we have to date offered co-location
services to local companies, YDL developers, and industry associates, we
recognize a unique opportunity to offer server co-location and remote backup
to individuals and companies independent of their proximity to our
facilities. In addition, as a VAR for both Apple Computer and Total Impact we
are in a unique position to acquire, configure, and launch Xserves, Xserve
RAID boxes, and briQs without our customer having to touch the hardware,"
states Kai Staats, co-founder & CEO.

	Terra Soft offers:
	 - Custom built PowerPC-Yellow Dog Linux servers.
	 - An expertise in server design and setup.
	 - Server co-location or remote data storage and backup.
	 - Custom back-up scripts or BRU backup utility.
	 - Unlimited data throughput with flexible or fixed bandwidth ceilings.
	 - Dedicated (non-shared) ports; 100% saturation without disruption.
	 - 1Mb to 1Gb bandwidth.
	 - IP allocation upon proof of need.

Terra Soft offers two base packages: 'Co-Lo NET' with a customer established
base and automatic scaling to a set ceiling; and 'Co-Lo Max' with a customer
established datapipe for unlimited throughput and maximum saturation at a
fixed monthly fee. Terra Soft will be pleased to host Linux, BSD, or UNIX
servers of any architecture. For systems not purchased from Terra Soft, setup
charges may apply. Administration is billed hourly.

Terra Soft is receiving orders for custom built servers now:
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/store/index.php?submit=hardware&submitimg[hardware][apple-hpc]=1

To learn more about Terra Soft's co-location offerings, visit:
http://terrasoftsolutions.com/store/index.php?submit=hardware&submitimg[hardware][colo]=1

About Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
Terra Soft is a leading developer of integrated solutions for PowerPC and an
Apple Authorized Proprietary Solutions Provider. Yellow Dog Linux has boosted
viability of Linux on PowerPC microprocessors with support for desktop, HPC,
and embedded systems. Black Lab is an advanced, scalable, HPC cluster build
and management suite.

For more information, visit http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

The "PowerPC" name is the trademark of IBM Corp.